– Visit https://www.healthyalternative.ca/meal-program. Pick your desired meal program and proceed through checkout.
After an order is successfully placed, your email confirmation will be automatically sent to the email address on file. Please double check your junk mail. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up and place my first order?– Visit https://www.healthyalternative.ca/meal-program. Pick your desired meal program and proceed through checkout.
What is the order deadline?Health Alternative’s order and delivery schedule allows us to prepare your meals from scratch using only fresh ingredients. Health Alternative orders fresh ingredients from our local vendors. Every Sunday and Wednesday, Health Alternative conducts “Production Day”. Meals are made fresh, packaged and sent immediately for delivery the same day.
– The 6 meal plan are delivered on Sunday and/or Wednesday and the 12 meal plan are delivered on Sunday and Wednesday.
For Sunday only delivery, the deadline is Friday 11:59PM EST for all meal plans.
For Wednesdays only delivery, the deadline is Monday 11:59PM EST for all meal plans.
As soon as this deadline passes, we update our menus to reflect the next cycle of delivery dates for the following calendar week.
– Due to the carefully detailed and labor intensive aspects of each individual client’s meal preparation, we cannot accommodate any orders after the deadline has passed. This is what makes Health Alternative such a fresh and convenient service. Thank you for your understanding!
Do you ship in my area?– We deliver to any address in Toronto and the GTA which includes Scarborough, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Milton, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Stouffville, Aurora, Newmarket, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa. Don’t see your city? Send us a quick email with your postal code and we’ll try our very best to accommodate.
Is there a delivery fee?No. Shipping is free for all customers within our delivery list.
What is the minimum number of meals per delivery and can I order more than 12?Meal plans come in packs of 6 meals and can be upgrade to 12 meals a week. 12 meal plans will be split in half and shipped both Sunday and Wednesday.
We always try to cater to the needs of our customers so if you wish to order more than 12 or have special instructions, please contact us at (647) 812-0178 or email@example.com to find out more about placing a special order.
How many calories are in my meals?Due to our menus changing twice a week, weekly, during which the items on the menu may also change as per the chef’s discretion, we are unable to give a precise calorie count or provide a nutritional breakdown of all the items.
An approximation of calories for our products is below.Our meals are 350-450 calories.
(3-4oz quinoa, 5oz of meat/fish, handful of mixed vegetables – typical but may vary per meal)
Our sauces for these meals are 80-150 calories but are stored in a separate container.Our salads are 150-200 calories.
Our dressing are 80-170 calories.Our bars are 200-250 calories.
How long does the food stay fresh for?– Healthy Alternative sources the freshest ingredients for our meals each week. If stored properly in the refrigerator, meals will be fresh up to 5 days.
How do I heat my meals?Meals come in microwaveable containers. Remove lid and place back on container slightly angled, leaving small openings. On average, they are heated for 2 minutes but may vary slightly depending on your microwave power. You can also opt to heat your food on the stove top or in the oven. Simply transfer your food to a pot, wok or an oven safe tray. Please make sure to remove the plastic seal and the lid before heating.
Who prepares these meals?A team of trained professional chefs make all Healthy Alternative meals and sauces from scratch, with the assistance of kitchen personnel who have all have been trained in food safety and preparation. All staff are fully certified in Ontario.
Can I change my delivery address? Can I change my billing address?– Log into your account at https://www.healthyalternative.ca/my-account
– Click the “Edit Address” tab.
– Enter your new delivery or billing address information.Please note, when an order is placed, meals will be shipped to whichever delivery address is saved to your “Profile”. The delivery address contained within your order confirmation is the delivery address that meals will go to. Changing your delivery address after placing an order for delivery will not change the delivery address in your order confirmation. If you would like to change the delivery address contained within your order confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to make this change for you!
What are my payment options?We accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
How do I pause or cancel my deliveries?Pause
– Log into your Healthy Alternative account. https://www.healthyalternative.ca/my-account– Under Subscription details click the “Suspend” button.
From here, you will no longer receive deliveries until the account is reactivated again.
– To reactivate, click the “Resubscribe” button
– Log into your Healthy Alternative account. https://www.healthyalternative.ca/my-account
– Under Subscription details click the “Cancel” button.
Healthy Alternative delivers freshly prepared gourmet meals to your order. This process takes time and careful planning. For this reason, all Healthy Alternative meal plans are subject to our “3-day Advance Notice Cancellation Policy” so cancellations must be made by Thursday 11:59PM for Sunday deliveries and by Saturday 11:59PM for Wednesday deliveries.
From here, you will no longer be automatically billed or renewed. To resume this automatic billing feature, simply log into your account, choose your subscription and click the Renew button. Proceed with checkout as usual.
If you experience any technical difficulties with cancellation, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will cancel your subscription on our side.